In this video we show how to create a User Mailbox in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center.
1. Log into Exchange Admin Center.
First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center.
2. Navigate to the Recipients >> Mailbox tab.
Then to create a User Mailbox we need to navigate to the "Recipients" tab on the left hand side. Which we are on by default. Then we need to click on the "Mailbox" tab along the top.
3. Click the + "New" button.
To create a new mailbox we need to click on the + "New" button. From the drop down select "User Mailbox".
4. Determine whether this is for a new user or an existing user.
First specify an alias. Depending on your Email Address Policy settings, everything to the left of the @ symbol in your email address could be mapped from what you enter in the alias field. See our video on Email Address Policies. Then either pick whether this new user mailbox will be for an existing user, by clicking browse, or, select the "New User" checkbox.
5. If for a new user, complete all account information.
If for a new user, complete all account information fields. Also, be sure to click the "Browse" button on the "Organizational Unit" field to specify where in Active Directory the account will be placed. Otherwise the account will be placed in the Users OU in the root of the domain.
6. Click Save.
Click the "Save" button. Your new User Mailbox and account has been created. You can now log into this account with Outlook Web App, or, connect with the full Outlook client.
7. To delete a user, select the user and click the drop down arrow on the trashcan icon.
To delete a user, select the user and click the drop down arrow on the trashcan icon.
8. Select Disable to remove the Exchange mailbox, or, Delete to remove both the mailbox and the user account.
Select "Disable" from the drop down to remove the Exchange mailbox but preserve the user account in Active Directory. Select "Delete" to remove both the mailbox and the user account from Active Directory.