In this video we show how to create a Shared Mailbox in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center.
1. Log into Exchange Admin Center.
First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center.
2. Navigate to the Recipients >> Shared tab.
Then to create a Shared Mailbox we need to navigate to the "Recipients" tab on the left hand side. Which we are on by default. Then we need to click on the "Shared" tab along the top.
3. Click the + "New" button.
To create a new mailbox we need to click on the + "New" button.
4. Specify a display name, OU and email address.
Specify a display name. Also, specify an Organizational Unit by clicking on the "Browse" button. Then pick where in Active Directory the shared mailbox will be placed. Otherwise the account will be placed in the default Users OU in the root of the domain. Then specify the email address for the Shared Mailbox.
5. Specify the users who will have full access to shared mailbox.
In the Full Access box, use the plus "+" or minus "-" buttons to add or remove users from full access over the shared mailbox. Any user specified in this box will be able to access and manipulate the entire contents of this mailbox.
6. Specify the users who will have send as rights as the shared mailbox.
In the Send As box, use the plus "+" or minus "-" buttons to add or remove users from having send as rights over the shared mailbox. Any user specified in this box will be able to send email using the email address of the shared mailbox.
7. Click Save.
Click the "Save" button to create the shared mailbox.
8. To delete or disable the shared mailbox, select the group and click trashcan icon and select delete or disable.
To delete a shared mailbox, select the mailbox and click the drop down arrow on the trashcan icon. Select "Disable" from the drop down to remove the Exchange mailbox but preserve the user account in Active Directory. Select "Delete" to remove both the shared mailbox and its associated user account from Active Directory.