1. while loops are used for testing while, or until, a condition is met
2. The structure of a while loop is as follows: while <condition>: do something repeate
3. The break statement may be used to exit a while loop when a condition is met
4. for loops iterate through a sequence or range a specified amount
5. The structure of a for loop is as follows: for <every element> in a <a sequence or range>: do something
6. The continue statement may be used to exit an iteration of a for loop, but not the loop itself.