In this video we show how to create a Contact in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center.
1. Log into Exchange Admin Center.
First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center.
2. Navigate to the Recipients >> Contact tab.
Then to create a Contact we need to navigate to the "Recipients" tab on the left hand side. Which we are on by default. Then we need to click on the "Contacts" tab along the top.
3. Click the + "New" button.
To create a new contact we need to click on the + "New" button. Then from the drop down select "Mail Contact".
4. Specify basic contact information, an external email address and an OU.
Specify the contacts basic information as well as their external email address. Also, specify an Organizational Unit by clicking on the "Browse" button. Then pick where in Active Directory the contact will be placed. Otherwise the account will be placed in the default Users OU in the root of the domain.
5. Click Save.
Click the "Save" button to create the contact.
6. To delete or disable the contact, select the contact and click trashcan icon and select delete. Click Yes to confirm.
To delete a contact, select the contact and click the drop down arrow on the trashcan icon. Select "Delete" to remove both the contact and its associated object from Active Directory.