1. Log into Exchange Admin Center.
2. Navigate to the Recipients >> Resources tab.
"Recipients" is our default selection from the left hand navigation. The "Resources" selection is found in the sub-tab list at the top of the page.
3. Click the + "New" button and select either Room or Equipment mailbox.
Although fundamentally the same, Room and Equipment mailboxes can be useful in scheduling. Room mailboxes are used for things like scheduling a conference room, while the Equipment mailboxes can be used for items like a projector, or MiFi Card.
In this tutorial we create a Room mailbox.
4. Specify room name and email.
This is done from the Room mailbox creation dialog. Each field will show a tip, detailing what the field is for and the type of information expected.
5. Configure Organization Unit (OU) and optional fields.
When selecting your OU, the default will add the resource to the Users OU in the route of your domain. If you'd like to be more organized you may add it to an existing OU, by selecting "Browse".
Only fields with asterisks are required, but it is good practice to complete all fields.
6. Use "Booking Requests" to define how a room will accept new meeting invites.
You may accept or decline automatically (based on whether or not the Room is already booked). This is the default setting.
You can also use Delegates as users who can accept or deny a request for a Room. If a Delegate is assigned they will receive all meeting requests for that room. To remove a Delegate, select the user and then the minus sign ("Remove").
7. Click Save.
The Room will now be created.
8. Review additional configurable options double click the resource mailbox object or select it and click Edit (pencil) button.
You can adjust the fields assigned when creating the Room, and specify further specifics for "Booking Options" such as how far in the future you can book a room (lead time), and the maximum duration that you may book a Room.