In this video we show how to create an Address List in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center.
1. Log into Exchange Admin Center.
First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center.
2. Navigate to the Organization >> Address Lists tab.
Then to create an Address List we need to navigate to the "Organization" tab on the left hand side. Then we need to click on the "Address Lists" tab along the top.
3. Click the + "New" button.
To create a new Address List we need to click on the + "New" button.
4. Specify a name, address list path and the recipient types to include.
Specify a display name for the Address List. Also, specify where in the hierarchy this Address List will belong. Do this by clicking on the "Browse" button. Then pick where in hierarchy the list will be placed. Otherwise the list will be placed in the root. Specify which types of recipients this address list will contain by using the "All recipients types" or "Only the following recipient types" check-boxes.
5. Configure any rules.
You can define the contents of an Address List by creating a rule. Do this by clicking the "Add a rule" button. From the drop down specify the rule you wish to create. In our video we picked the "Department" rule and specify a value of "Time Travel Research". This checks all objects in AD to see if they have their department field set to this value. If they do they will be included in this list. You can use the Preview link to get an idea of what objects will be included based on your criteria.
6. Click Save.
Click the "Save" button to create the address list.
7. Click Ok on the Update Address List warning.
Click the "Ok" button to acknowledge the warning.
8. Click Update Address List on the right. Select Yes to confirm. Click the Close button if successful.
Click "Update Address List" link on the right. Select the "Yes" button to confirm. Click the "Close" button if successful.
9. To edit the Address List select it and click the Edit (pencil) button. Click Save once you have made your changes.
To edit the Address List select it and click the "Edit" (pencil) button. Click the "Save" button once you have made your changes.
10. To delete the Address List select it and click Remove (trashcan) button. Click Yes to Confirm.
To delete the Address List select it and click the "Remove" (trashcan) button. Click "Yes" to Confirm.
I am posting this in case anyone runs into similar issues that I did, this may save you a lot of grief:
1. Your NetBIOS domain name contains an ampersand "
" character. (e.g. AT&T)
2. You've tried to run any Microsoft installation…
You finally migrated Public Folders to Office 365, decommissioned the Public Folder mailbox database and since then, when you send an email from on-premise to mail-enabled Public Folders, you get the following error: "Misconfigured public folder mai…