1. Launch the New Program Link wizard
There are two ways to do this:
(i) Right-click on an empty space on the Send To Bar
, then click Send To Bar
, then New Program Link
(ii) Click the Tools
menu, then the New Link
button on the ribbon.
2. Specify Program Type
Specify one of these three program types:
Image program that accepts image files
Text program that accepts text files
Fax program that allows another program to print to it
In most cases, it will be an image program. That's what I specified in the video and the remaining steps here are for an image program.
3. Select the commercial program to be added
Click the Browse
Navigate to a commercial program that you want added to the Send To Bar
. In the video, I selected ABBYY FineReader
4. Specify a name for the program
Enter a name for the program that you want added to the Send To Bar
. In the video, I named it finereader
5. Specify the file types that the program accepts
Click each of the file types that the program accepts. You may click any number of them — even all of them. In the video, I picked PDF Image
6. Specify what should be done with the temporary file when the program closes
Specify one of these four actions:
Let program manage the temporary file
Delete the temporary file
Delete the temporary file if not modified by the program
Replace the PaperPort item if modified by the program
7. Specify the image resolutions that the program accepts
This is usually left blank.
8. Select the icon to be shown on the Send To Bar
Specify one of these four sources for the icon:
An icon provided by PaperPort
One of your existing icon files
An icon from the program
An icon from another program
Depending on your choice, follow the prompts in the wizard. In the video, I picked an icon from the program.
9. Finish the New Program Link wizard
Click the Finish
button to complete the wizard.
10. Restart PaperPort to add the program to the Send To Bar
Run PaperPort and confirm that the program has been added to the Send To Bar
11. Add a custom/home-brew program to the Send To Bar
Repeat Steps 1-10, except in Step 3, navigate to a custom/home-brew program instead of a commercial program.
That's it! I hope you enjoyed both Part 1
and this Part 2 of the Micro Tutorial series. If you find this video to be helpful, please click the thumbs-up
icon below. Thank you for watching, Joe