Learn how to match and substitute tagged data using PHP regular expressions. Demonstrated on Windows 7, but also applies to other operating systems. Demonstrated technique applies to PHP (all versions) and Firefox, but very similar techniques will work in other browsers.
1. Important note about parsing tagged data
2. Show how to find an element on an HTML page using Firefox developer tools
3. Show how to capture the tagged data using the PHP function preg_match
4. Show how to separate the tags from the enclosed data
5. Show how to use the PHP preg_replace function to replace a value with a new value
It’s a season to be thankful, and we’re thankful for users like you who engage on site, solve technology problems, and network with others in the industry. What tech are we most thankful for? Keep reading.
Join us in celebrating longtime user Rowby Goren for his great contributions of engaging with other users on site. We explore his method for posing questions that are likely to yield a solution, and take a look at how his career transformed from a H…