Learn how to match and substitute tagged data using PHP regular expressions. Demonstrated on Windows 7, but also applies to other operating systems. Demonstrated technique applies to PHP (all versions) and Firefox, but very similar techniques will work in other browsers.
1. Important note about parsing tagged data
2. Show how to find an element on an HTML page using Firefox developer tools
3. Show how to capture the tagged data using the PHP function preg_match
4. Show how to separate the tags from the enclosed data
5. Show how to use the PHP preg_replace function to replace a value with a new value
Password hashing is better than message digests or encryption, and you should be using it instead of message digests or encryption. Find out why and how in this article, which supplements the original article on PHP Client Registration, Login, Logo…