Learn how to match and substitute tagged data using PHP regular expressions. Demonstrated on Windows 7, but also applies to other operating systems. Demonstrated technique applies to PHP (all versions) and Firefox, but very similar techniques will work in other browsers.
1. Important note about parsing tagged data
2. Show how to find an element on an HTML page using Firefox developer tools
3. Show how to capture the tagged data using the PHP function preg_match
4. Show how to separate the tags from the enclosed data
5. Show how to use the PHP preg_replace function to replace a value with a new value
An EE member wants to move all open windows at once (not one window at a time) from a primary monitor to a secondary one by pressing a hotkey. Bonus: another hotkey that goes in the other direction — move all windows from the secondary to the primar…