1. Use magic wand to select the "inner" part of the letters
2. Create a new layer and fill the selected area with black
3. Go back to the original layer and right click > Rasterize Layer. Delete the "inner" part of the letters
4. Edit the background photo using Image > Adjustments > Levels
5. Add an inner border by right clicking the background layer and selecting "Layer from Background". Then Right Click and select Blending Options. Create an inner stroke.
6. Copy and paste an image onto a new layer
7. Hide the layer with the black letters and move the new image around so it fits into the spaces of the layers
8. Use the magic wand to select the black inner letters
9. Click on the layer of the new image and go to Layer > Layer Mask > Reveal Selection
10. Add "extra" text as needed, or add pictures to each letter.