1. In CSS, create a new paragraph class by typing "p.fancy"
2. Then, to style only the first letter of the first sentence, include the pseudoselectors ":first-child:first-letter"
3. Style the color of the dropcap using the "color:" property
4. Style the size of the dropcap using the "font-size:" property. A good size is 1em larger than the normal font-size, or 150 to 200% times as large as the normal font-size
5. To ensure the dropcap is in line with the other text, style the line spacing using the "line-height:" property
6. Create space between the dropcap and the rest of the paragraph using the "padding-right:" property
7. Ensure the dropcap is placed to the left of the rest of the paragraph using the "float:" property and defining it as "left"
8. Style the font of the dropcap using the "font-family:" property
9. To use the dropcap, simply type a paragraph in the class using "<p class="fancy">"