1. Ensure your DOCTYPE declaration is set to HTML5:
The declaration should display
HTML5 is supported by the most recent versions of all major browsers.
2. Begin your audio tag and define the source of the audio file
The source should reference your audio file's URL inside the single quotation (similar to the <img> tag's src). Complete the tag using a closing audio tag.
3. Include the player controls if desired
Controls are helpful since they allow visitors to pause and adjust volume on your player. Type "controls" within your opening audio tag after your source file to include them.
4. Add additional properties you'd like the player to have
To loop the audio on the page, type "loop" after the source within the opening tag.
To have the audio autoplay as soon as the page loads, type "autoplay" after the source within the opening tag.
5. Include a message for visitors whose browsers do not support HTML 5.
The message (or image) you use is inserted between the <audio> and </audio> tags