1. Ensure your DOCTYPE declaration is set to HTML5: "<!DOCTYPE html>"
2. Use the <video> tag to insert a video. Define the src as the URL of your video; this is similar to the src in the <img> tag.
3. Close the tag by typing </video>
4. You can define the height and width of the displayed video by typing "height=" and "width="
5. To display an image while the video is loading, use the poster property by typing poster="" with the URL of your image within the quotations
6. To loop the video on the page, type "loop" after the source and before closing the tag
7. To add controls so visitors can pause and adjust volume, type "controls" after the source and before closing the tag
8. To have the video's sound automatically set to mute, type "muted" after the source and before closing the tag
9. To have the video autoplay as soon as the page loads, type "autoplay" after the source and before closing the tag. If you choose to autoplay your video, it's helpful to also include controls so the visitor can choose to end the video and to set it as muted
10. To display a backup image in case a visitor's browser doesn't support HTML5, insert an <img> tag with your image between the <video> tag and the </video> tag