This tutorial walks through the best practices in adding a local business to Google Maps including how to properly search for duplicates, marker placement, and inputing business details.
1. Login to your Google Account, then search for "Google Mapmaker"
2. Once in Google Mapmaker, search for the local business through both a) the Business's phone number and b) the Business's address
3. If no duplicates are found, click the red "Add New" button > Add a Place
4. Select your Business's Category
5. Fill in as much information as you can about the business. Be sure to format the phone number as such: (806) 293-1234. Make sure all information is correct and up to date. Do not fill in any fields you do not know.