1. Click on the Backup Exec button in the upper left corner. From here, select Installation and Licensing, then Install Agents and Backup Exec Servers on Other Servers.
2. From the tabs at the top, select Add, then Add a Single Computer
3. On the Products screen, select Symantec Backup Exec and click Next
4. Either browse to the desired computer, or enter the name of the server. Also, enter the credentials of the an administrative account (must have sufficient rights on the remote server).
5. Enter the additional serial or license number for the additional server. Click Next.
6. Select the various options to install on the remote server. Click Next.
7. Enter the service account with administrative privileges for the Backup Exec services
8. Verify the location of the SQL database. Click Next.
9. If prompted for device drivers, ensure you select the Symantec device drivers. Click Next.
10. Once the installation has been validated, click Next, and then Install
11. Once completed, it is recommended to reboot the remote server even if not prompted to do so
12. To connect to the new server, click on the Backup Exec button, then select Connect to Backup Exec Server if it does not appear in the list of recently connected servers
13. Enter the correct credentials for access. This must be done each time.
14. Jobs can then be configured to use this server and its attached storage