1. Click on the Backup Exec button in the upper left corner. From here, are global settings for the application such as connecting to a remote Backup Exec server, Installation and Licensing, and select Install Agents and Backup Exec Servers on Other Servers
2. Along the top menu, select Add and choose between Add a Single Computer or Add Multiple Computers with the Same Settings
3. Select Agent for Windows, then click Next
4. Add the remote computer names either by typing them in, or you can select the Browse radio button and search for the servers to add
5. Enter the credentials (preferably a service account) that has the proper authorization on the remote server, then click Next
6. Review the installation path. If a different path is desired make the changes here, otherwise click Next.
7. Decide whether or not you would allow the agent to publish the IP address and name of the server in the server list of Backup Exec (recommend that you leave this checked). Also, if there is more than one media server in the environment, select the preferred server for performing this backup, then click Next
8. Backup Exec 2012 will then verify that it can contact the system and that the credentials have the proper authorization to perform the action. Once validated, click Next
9. Review the selected options on the confirmation screen. If there are no changes to be made, click Install.
10. Once complete, the results will be displayed. Address any issues if necessary.
11. The servers can now be added to the desired backup jobs