1. Log onto the server running the Backup Exec database. In a larger environment, this would generally be the Backup Exec Central Administration Server.
2. Locate the BEUtility.exe application. This should be located in the installation path, which is generally in the <Drive Letter>:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec folder. The quickest way to locate it in the folder is to type “BEU” in the quick search bar.
3. Once the BEUtility.exe file has been located, double-click it to launch the application
4. Read the warning message about utilizing this utility with technical support. If you still desire to proceed, click Yes.
5. Select All Backup Exec Servers in the middle of the screen, and then select the server running the database in the right panel
6. Right click the selected server and select Repair Database from the list of options
7. Click OK to confirm the operation, the Yes on the screen warning that all Backup Exec services will be stopped
8. If successful, the screen will indicate that the repair is completed with no errors showing
9. To determine if the problem has been corrected, launch the Backup Exec application. Once successfully launched, test by executing the failing process to see if the problem still exists.