This tutorial will give a short introduction and overview of Backup Exec 2012 and how to navigate and perform basic functions.
1. Click on the Backup Exec button in the upper left corner. From here, are global settings for the application such as connecting to a remote Backup Exec server, Installation and Licensing, Configuration and Settings, Symantec Online, Technical Support, and Documentation.
2. The Home icon along the top of the screen presents you with a general overview of the health of the environment from the job statuses to consumed storage space
3. The Backup and Storage icon shows the jobs and servers that are currently configured. This is also where you can configure additional jobs, one-time jobs, manually running a job, or other features and backup types such as backing up virtual servers
4. Double-clicking a server will show all of the jobs for that server. You can go deeper into the server job by selecting and clicking on a job. This will allow you to see and edit the properties of an individual job.
5. The Storage icon is the location where you can configure destination storage for the backups. Along the top menu bar, by selecting Configure Storage, options are presented to add and configure additional storage for the backups jobs. This is also the location where you can catalog and inventory backup jobs if necessary. This is often needed when importing jobs from other media or servers for restoration.
6. The Reports icon presents the user with the ability to run a variety of reports. There are many pre-canned report options that are useful. These are found under the Jobs tab in the left column. You just select a report, select the servers you would like to include in the report, and click OK. The report is generated and displayed. From the report, you can select to either print the report or save it. There is also the ability to schedule and create custom reports. This may take some research or trial and error to see if the type of information you are looking for can be displayed in a report.
This article outlines the Importance of Certificate Authority validity period and its impact on Certificate Renewal Process. The article also details out CA certificate renewal process along with CA validity period extension.
Depending on the things you do with Microsoft Office, you can sometimes inadvertently lose your recent document lists in apps such as Microsoft Word and Excel. This article shows you how to back up and restore those lists when necessary. Enjoy...