1. Log onto the Backup Exec Central Administration Server. Examine the services. If all or most of them are stopped, then more than likely there is a login or account authorization problem.
2. Locate the BEUtility.exe application. This should be located in the installation path, which is generally in the <Drive Letter>:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec folder. The quickest way to locate it in the folder is to type “BEU” in the quick search bar.
3. Once the BEUtility.exe file has been located, double-click it to launch the application
4. Read the warning message about utilizing this utility with technical support. If you still desire to proceed, click Yes.
5. Select All Backup Exec Servers in the middle of the screen, and then select the server where the database is located. The question mark indicates the services are down
6. Right click the selected server and select Change Service Account from the list of options (generally the third option down from the top)
7. Enter the name of the user or system account and the password twice. Then click OK and then Close.
8. Right-click on the server and select Start Services
9. Once all of the services have successfully started, launch Backup Exec and ensure that the application launches successfully