1. Click on Start and then select Computer to view the available drives on the server
2. Select the desired drive letter, right-click and select Properties
3. Select the Shadow Copies tab from the available tabs, ensure the desired drive is still selected, and click the Enable radio button
4. Read the warning message about the performance impact on the system. If you still desire to proceed, click Yes. Although the performance impact is typically minimal.
5. In order to limit the amount of space the snapshots take up or to alter the default schedule, click the Settings radio button
6. In the Use Limit window, enter a desired value. A recommended size is 10240 (10G). Then, click the Schedule radio button.
7. If you desire to remove the default settings, then click Delete twice. This deletes both default schedules.
8. Click New and enter the desire settings of time, period, and frequency. If additional schedules are desired, repeat this process until all times are entered.
9. Click OK three times to return to the Computer folder with the drive letter list. Repeat this process for any other drives on the system where there is a desire to have shadow copies.