1. Directly connect an external storage device such as a USB drive, or CD\DVD burner
2. If the device is a USB drive, ensure it is formatted as NTFS
3. From the Server Manager Management Console, select Features, then select Add Features on the right side
4. On the Select Features Screen, scroll down to the bottom and select Windows Server Backup Features, then click Next
5. Click on the Install radio button. The installation can take between five and ten minutes depending on the system. Once completed, there will be a message that the Installation Succeeded, then click Close. The system is now ready to configure backup jobs.
6. Click Start and select Administrative Tool. From the application list, select Windows Server Backup.
7. Select Action, then Backup Schedule in the Windows Server Backup administrative console
8. On the welcome page click Next
9. From the drop down menu, select the time of day for the backup to run. If multiple times of the day is desired, then select the lower option and the necessary times. Once this has been selected, click Next.
10. Select the destination device for the backup job, view the warning, and then click Yes and Next
11. Review the label of the backup destination and click Next
12. Review the backup configuration and destination. If changes are needed, select Previous, otherwise select Finish. Windows Backup Server is now configured.