The purpose of this video is to demonstrate how to reset a WordPress password if you are locked
out and cannot reset the password. A typical use would be if you cannot access the email to which
WordPress would send the password recovery email to.
This will be demonstrated using a Windows 8 PC, and the Host will be GoDaddy.
1. Go to your WordPress login page. This will look like the following: mywebsite.com/wp-login.php
2. Establish that you cannot reset WordPress password the traditional way, by clicking on “Lost Your Password” on the login screen. WordPress sends a reset email to the email account connected with WordPress but if you lost your password to that email account, you will not be able to reset your password this way.
3. Log into your hosting server account ( Godaddy is used in the demonstration).
4. Locate PHPmyADMIN
5. Open PHPmyADMIN and find the appropriate database. Make sure that the database is correct by checking “siteurl” field in wp_options.
6. Click on wp_users and locate the username to which you need to reset the password. Click on the edit button. Locate “User_Pass” field.
7. Find a MD5 Hash generator using google. (http://www.miraclesalad.com/webtools/md5.php is used in demonstration).
8. Enter a new password and generate a new MD5 Hash for it. Enter the string into “User_pass” field (refer to Step 6 )
9. Go back to your login page and Log in successfully using your new password.
There is a massive demand for content on the web right now, and it doesn't look like it's going to stop any time soon. But, if you are running a business blog, it's not just enough to offer your audience lots of content. It needs to be high-quality…