1. Enter the following values to create a tax table:
Enter into L2: NJ tax
Enter into M2: 7%
2. Create a new header for column H:
Enter into H5: Tax
3. Enter the IF function:
Enter into H6: =IF(C6="NJ", G6*$M$2,0)
4. Enter the formula:
Press Enter. The value is 0 because this customer is from Michigan.
5. Use AutoFill to copy this formula down the page:
Click back on H6.
6. Position the mouse pointer on the dot in the lower right corner of the cell so the mouse pointer becomes a crosshair.
8. Scroll down the page.
9. Double-click H6.
This way, you can edit the formula.
9. Rewrite the formula so that the value-if-false (zero) is just a set of empty quotation marks.
10. Enter the rewritten formula, then AutoFill down as you did before.