1. To import data from Excel using the wizard, click the Excel icon in the Import & Link group of the EXTERNAL DATA ribbon tab
(You might have to click the drop-down arrow for more choices to see the Excel icon.)
2. Choose the Excel file you want to import from
3. Choose the worksheet or range
4. Verify that the first row contains the column headings
5. change data types
6. let Access add a primary key
this will be an AutoNumber field, which is a good idea to have in every table.
7. change the table name to be logical, and preface with 'import_'
8. modify the table design (to add a field for date)
In this example, we just added another field. In reality, you would also change Data Type and Size, remove tag-along properties like Format, set text to have Unicode Compression, and more
9. make update query to create values in the new field
10. save the query
(so you can modify it for another worksheet of data)