There's a multitude of different network monitoring solutions out there, and you're probably wondering what makes NetCrunch so special.
- It's completely agentless, but does let you create an agent, if you desire.
- It offers powerful scalability on a single machine and requires only 4GB of RAM and 4 cores, which can be on a VM.
- It's rule-based: it has monitoring packs, which are sets of rules for alerts. These can be applied by policy to any number grouping of nodes. This makes monitoring larger networks a breeze.
- It has a pending alerts view, which shows you all the current problems that you have in your network instead of making you dig through the event log.
- It's great at presenting live data. Your data can be shown on dashboards, live widgets or on custom views. On top of that, it's optimised for a multi-screen NOC room setting.
- It supports all major operating systems and SNMP. There's also an extension protocol, that lets you write your own scripts and fit data in.
- It comes with an embedded database so there's no requirement for additional administration or licensing.
- There's no limit on a size or length of time to keep your performance data.
- It runs on Windows and is very stable. Some of our clients are running version 5, which is over 7 years old!
- It has simple, node-based licensing - just count the number of nodes you have. There's no limit on the number of elements, counters or sensors.
NetCrunch is available at https://www.adremsoft.com/
Free live installation and support is included, even in trial installations.