I am working on a file sent to us by an architectural firm. The architect indicated the plans are scaled 1/8" : 1'0" (one inch = eight feet).
I need to setup the drawing scale properties in Visio for objects to show their valid real world values (i.e. when we draw a six-foot wall to scale it shoud read the wall is six foot not 100 meter or 3 inches).
Any help or nudge in the right direction is deeply appreciated.
You can set the page scale like this:
1. Right-click on a page tab (down at the bottom) and choose Page Setup
2. Click the Drawing Scale tab in the Page Setup dialog that appears.
3. Choose Pre-defined scale, Architectural, 1/8" = 1'-0"
4. Click OK
Your drawing is now set to work in that scale. If you had elements on the drawing previously, they'll be very small. Here's a trick to resize them:
1. Show the Size & Position window using the View menu or View ribbon tab (under Task Panes)
2. Group everything in your drawing:
A. Select all shapes using Ctrl + A
B. Group them using Ctrl + G -- this makes them all one single shape
3. With the group still selected, append the Width and Height fields in the Size & Position dialog with "* 94". This will multiply the width and height of the objects by a factor of 94, essentially scaling them up to the 1/8" = 1'-0" scale.
4. With the group selected, you can ungroup the shapes using Ctrl + Shift + U