Here is my setup:
- AD Domain
- KMS Server - Windows Server 2012
- Office2013KMS Pack Installed
- VAMT 3.1
- Windows 7 w/ Office 2013 Professional Plus SP1
We have used the KMS server in the past to activate Windows 7 without issue. Works every single time.
I cannot for the life of me get it to work with Office 2013. I actually have several errors I am dealing with right now. I'll try to summarize as best I can.
When I go to activate Office 2013 I use the following commands and the errors I receive after using them:
- cscript ospp.vbs /sethst:serveraddress - This command processes successfully and I've verified the correct IP for the KMS is working with nslookup
- cscript ospp.vbs /inpkey:XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX - (Key used = KMS) ERROR CODE: 0xC004F050 ERROR DESCRIPTION: The Software Licensing Service reported that the product key is invalid.
- cscript ospp.vbs /act - ERROR CODE: 0xC004F038 ERROR DESCRIPTION: The Software Licensing Service reported that the product could not be activated. The count reported by your Key Management Service (KMS) is insufficient. Please contact your system administrator.
When I go to VAMT on the KMS server I get the same error about the counts. I've tried to refresh the key but the count does not update. When I run slmgr /dlv all I get that Office 15, OfficeKMSHostVL_KMS_Host edition is Licensed but the remaining rearm count is -1.
Screenshot of slmgr /dlv all:
On VAMT it says the Remaining Activation Count is "Not available" when I try to Refresh product key data online nothing changes. When I try to do volume activate through VAMT I get the same error about counts.
When I try to install key through VAMT I get the "Product Key is invalid message".